Mixer is the newest addition to the Xbox family. At Mixer we’ve redefined the rules for what constitutes live streaming. We don’t talk about delay in terms of seconds, in our world we operate in milliseconds. We’re able to do things never thought possible to make the viewer and streamer experience far more engaging and interactive. From the obvious; seeing a streamer respond to a chat message instantly, to the exciting; allowing a viewer to interact directly with the game the streamer is playing, we’ve made the viewers part of the action and we’re not stopping there!
The Mixer team is looking for a proven engineering lead to help drive technical delivery, nurture and develop a subset of our engineering team, and help us scale and grow Mixer. We are looking for development leads to focus on various areas of Mixer development - including areas such as front end experience engineering, our interactive platform, and our back-end infrastructure capabilities.
• Grow and mentor an engineering team with aggressive FY18+ growth aspirations
• Collaborate with business & technology leaders across Azure, Xbox, and the entire game industry.
• Create, foster, and manage the end-to-end delivery of experiences in an agile development environment.
• Experience managing diverse teams.
• Strong technical aptitude with excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working with cloud services, Azure and/or others.
• Creative and inventive spirit, with a passion for the streaming, game development, and cloud services.
• Proven history of technical leadership in broad settings.
• A track record of shipping compelling platform technologies.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic.
• You must be a leader: someone who can inspire great work from others and collaborate across the company.
• 5+ years of leadership experience and 8 years of software engineering experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.