Are you excited to be on the front-line of securing Microsoft and our customers that entrust their security to Microsoft? Are you passionate about leading a team to enable customers and team members to deliver reliable, high-performance solutions at scale with agility? Do you enjoy optimizing reliability, performance, efficiency, and solving complex problems with software and systems solutions?
Microsoft’s C+E Security Division builds and operates a diverse set of services across the stack from foundational dial-tone platforms in Azure to the systems that back offerings like Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection and Azure Information Protection. We work as a team across development, site reliability engineering (SRE), program management, security, and ML specialists delivering services which involve protection, detection, and remediation against adapting and evolving threats. Speed and agility done correctly enable higher quality, so anything done to ease the path to get secure, reliable, and effective features out is critical.
Our mission in the C+E Security Division’s SRE team is to optimize and protect the software and systems behind our internal and customer offerings keeping an ever-watchful eye on their reliability, latency, performance, and capacity. SRE handles bulletproofing, reinforcing, ruggedizing and generally improving the quality of service and innovation-throughput of the services under our purview.
• Lead a team of engineers to design and deliver software to improve the reliability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of your services.
• Solve problems relating to mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
• Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
• Conduct periodic on call duties (on an as needed basis).
• Recruiting and developing a team of experienced technical engineers.
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience and outstanding coding skills in C, C++, C#, Java, Python or similar languages
• 3+ years of experience in testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
• 2+ years people management experience
• A passion for building and taking part in highly effective teams and development processes Capable of technical deep-dives into networking, service design, operating systems, and storage, yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to engage in strategy discussions with leadership team members
• Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems and critical production service environments
• Strong debugging, testing / validation, and analytic skills.
• Big data experience preferred (e.g. Hadoop)
• Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with people from a variety of technical backgrounds
• Statistics experience and bias for measurement and data driven improvements
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.