Are you passionate about delivering next-gen security services at scale as well as having strong customer impact? Are you interested in cutting edge malware detection tools and techniques? If so, then this is the opportunity for you!
As a Principal Software Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to join and lead a start-up team working on VM-based behavioral detection of 0day malware in executables, documents, and URLs over Exchange Online and other services. The charter of the team is to create and run the most efficient and effective detection engine at scale enabling services to take advantage of advanced protection from malware. This service has instances on a variety of fabrics for different customers, ranging from our cloud fabrics to internal deployments. Come help us scale the service for the future!
This position will play a key leadership role in delivering this capability. The ideal candidate for this position has extensive experience in building and deploying real software services with a very fast changing update cycle. Managing a diverse team should be second nature. Innovative thinking to solve hard problems in ways that meet both customer and business goals is expected.
Areas of technical skills and experience required for this position include knowledge of:
• General and specific software services architecture and deployment
• Tool and process knowledge for agile SW development, fast iteration, and daily deployment
• System integration and testing
• MS Cloud Services
• General concepts of identity management, security, and privacy
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Recruit, develop, and manage a high performing software engineering team
• Deliver and deploy the detonation chamber service across multiple properties
• Work with security teams around services and detection integration
• A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results in an ambiguous and changing environment
• Proven ability to run high performance engineering teams
• You will have the opportunity to interact with various teams around the company.
• You must be detail and process oriented, effective at influencing with and without authority, and driving work through others.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and meet deadlines is a must.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.