PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENG MGR
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
As part of the Enterprise Application Services (EAS) Team accountable for SAP at Microsoft, our employees make global impact on millions of customers and thousands of employees who use mission-critical ERP software and services.
The Principal Software Engineering Manager responsibilities span building, mentoring and leading a diverse team of SAP Software Engineers, engage with partners and customers and deliver SAP products and services in an agile Devops methodology. This means, engaging with Program Managers and business stakeholders to determine requirements, contributing to the definition of SAP products and service vision, creating and communicating scalable world-class designs, implementing the functionality and running the ongoing live site responsibilities post go-live.
• Build, mentor and lead a diverse high-performance team of SAP Software Engineers
• Collaborate with Program Managers, Architects and stakeholders for workforce planning, demand planning and end-to-end service design
• Deliver high-quality cloud-based SAP configuration and development items in an agile methodology Develop standards for SAP functionality diagrams, SAP interfaces, and SAP configuration best practices Strong livesite focus and drive operational optimization
• Architect and build mature service capabilities (telemetry & monitoring, self-healing and self-service, scalability etc.)
• Run engineering like a business with strong service quality focus and financial accountability
• Some minor infrequent travel may be required.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• 10+ years of a combination of SAP Configuration experience, Development and Business experience in the areas of Master Data Management or Supply Chain or Professional Services/HR
• B.S. degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of people management or demonstrated leadership experience
• 5+ years of experience in service design, road mapping capabilities, standards creation and operational strategy
• Experience in agile / Devops development methodologies, running feature teams or SCRUM training
Preferred, not required:
• SAP S/4 HANA or SAP SaaS services experience
• Ability to develop standards and best practices for reading, writing, configuring SAP functionality and code, and designing end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities
• Ability to communicate functional SAP strategies and roadmaps with Senior and C-Level executives Experience developing industry standard algorithms applicable to analyzing current business service behavior through telemetry
• Experience developing patterns and practices applicable to resilience modeling (failure mode analysis) and simulation of business service outages
• Experience developing standards in translating customer and technical requirements into service architecture to meet Quality of Service Expectations
• Experience developing standards applicable to functional strategies and roadmaps.
• Experience working in an agile organization developing highly integrated and high-volume solutions Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations and constraints in a service Experience in defining cost per transaction or per user, based on service configuration
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related sciences
10+ years of SAP experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org