Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams at Microsoft? Interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology, and building the next billion dollar business? Then look no further than the Azure Networking Team.
We have developed a state-of-the-art operating system for Microsoft’s Cloud Datacenters. Azure provides developers with on-demand compute and storage to create, host, scale, and manage scalable web applications on the Internet through Microsoft’s global data centers and via on-premises “private cloud” deployments of the Azure Platform.
The Azure DNS team is looking for a Software Engineer Development Lead to own all Azure Tenant and Azure Fabric name resolution. This includes enabling communication at ~100% SLA to
- All Azure and Azure Stack tenants (PasS, IaaS, SaaS, containers)
- Outbound access to Internet
- Hybrid/onprem-public cloud
- Azure infrastructure itself
In this role you will work with the team of software developers to design, implement, and run Azure internal DNS and Recursive Resolver software-based services and ensure timely execution with high quality. You will be responsible for ensuring a highly reliable and scalable DNS stack. This will include owning certain components from design, engaging with other teams to manage dependencies, implementation, to monitoring of the deployed service.
This is a high-visibility position in an area of large and expanding investment for Microsoft Azure and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Experience solving tough software development problems within the scope of: scale, performance, and reliability.
- Experience designing and running fault-tolerant infrastructure services that run globally at a large scale.
- Fluency in low level system programming/Performance/Multi-threading paradigms.
- Intense eagerness to learn, ready to dive deep into complex problems.
- Experience shipping products or services.
- Passion and drive for profound impact.
Requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of software development experience with C++, C#, or Java.
- Understanding TCP, HTTP, UDP, DNS, Data center networking is a plus.
- BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experiences.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.