We continue to evolve our customer facing telemetry to expose richer and real time metrics to our customers. These are among the top asks especially from our enterprise customers who want telemetry data for auditing, deeper analysis of their performance, modelling their growth on usage, etc. We have interesting challenges in how we maintain and expose telemetry at scale (petabytes of data), invest in auto analysis of large sets of our telemetry data, invest in anomaly detection systems, automation bots and build systems for SLA guarantee checks (eg. Consistency guarantees we make in the service). In this role, you will also learn about Azure Monitoring and Geneva system, and work on integration with Azure monitoring, Insights and Diagnostics like Azure advisory for the customer assets.
We are looking for: Senior/Principal software engineers with strong customer passion, accountability and drive to enhance customer experience and who work well with partner teams across Azure. An entrepreneurial spirit with a can-do attitude: Self-starter, project finisher and adaptable. Great communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly. Strong design and problem solving skills, with a bias for architecting at scale. Hands-on experience at shipping a large scale, commercial, online-software solution.
• Experience with coding in C, C++ and C#.
• Excellent collaboration skills.
• A Master’s degree (or Bachelor’s degree with work experience equivalent) in computer science or a related field.
• At least 5 years of experience building and shipping production software or services.
• Experience developing cloud services, health of the service including monitoring, self-healing system.
• Experience working with big data and analytics
• Experience creating and shipping V1 products using modern development practices.
• Experience using agile methodologies or test-driven development (TDD).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.