Principal Software Engineer
Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help top companies and ISV’s use cloud computing to solve some of their most challenging issues using the newest Open Source and Microsoft technologies? Do you like to work in a variety of business environments, leading high impact short term projects?
On our Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) Team, we work with partners and developers around the world to build successful applications using Microsoft technology, open source software, and anything else we can get our hands on.
Following Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, our CSE team enables our customers and partners/ISVs to create scalable, resilient and efficient software solutions. If you have strong developer skills and passion for working in a customer facing role, you will be able to do the following:
• Develop open source solutions using Microsoft Azure and a number of different client and server technologies.
• Build code and other technical content to support developer events, partner hackfests, architecture design sessions, and software launches.
• Work with major companies around the world on proof-of-concepts, new application development, and more.
• Develop cutting-edge applications for our customers and partners
• Engage with our customers to chart their applications’ architectural direction and develop the resulting solutions
• Partner with other Microsoft teams worldwide to jointly develop exciting solutions for our customers and partners
• Collaborate and develop new ways of thinking across teams to improve quality and productivity.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum of 7 years experience in software development.
• Minimum of 1 years experience with cloud based software development (Ie. Azure, AWS).
• Experience with cross-platform mobile development.
• Software development experience in languages and frameworks such as Ruby, node.js, Python, C#, Java, and others.
• A desire to extend your learning of new languages, tools, and environments.
• Experience with open source platforms like node.js, Ruby on Rails, the JVM ecosystem, the Hadoop ecosystem, data platforms like Postgres, MongoDB and Cassandra and/or messaging platforms like Apache Kafka.
• An understanding of the open source software ecosystem.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• A sense of commitment to end-to-end product or service quality, completeness, and the resulting user experience for the life of products and services.
• Strong knowledge of application development practices and experience working closely with large development teams is a plus.
• Experience leading a small group of developers working on a project is a plus.
• Good decision making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through with customers
• BS/BA degree
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.