Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
If you are looking to manage a Software Engineering team that delivers enterprise scale reporting and BI capabilities, we have the job for you. Finance Engineering is seeking a Software Engineering Lead with a passion for management excellence and modern engineering practices.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a diverse team setting, enabling teams to reach their best capability. Responsibilities include recruiting and retaining talent, supporting teams in cross organizational project delivery, building strong relationships with Program Managers and business partners and enabling organizational learning.
The candidate must have proven system design, estimation, project management and leadership skills. They must be a leader in engineering practices such as continuous delivery. They should be a strong problem solver both at the detailed technical level as well as in ambiguous business situations.
· Lead software engineering team in adherence to engineering
standards - Deliver with high quality and efficiency
· Effectively communicate and set the tone for the engineering
· Review and coach team on designs and code
· Collaboration with product teams and other project teams
· Support team members career growth through mentoring,
succession planning and working to find appropriate growth
opportunities for employees
· Provide regular feedback and manage performance of
· Ensure compliance with privacy, security and performance
· Own engineering metrics, tracking and reporting to ensure
· Recruiting and staffing of the team
· Implement automation processes and practices that move
toward continuous delivery
· Gain a deep and broad understanding of business processes
· Identify new opportunities to help meet our customers’ needs
· Keep team current on emerging technologies
· 10+ years of software engineering experience including
experience leading development teams
· 7+ years experience architecting, designing and implementing
complex enterprise solutions and services
· Expertise in modern engineering practices (agile/lean, CI/CD)
· Bachelor or advanced degree in engineering, computer
science or management information systems
· Passion for BI, Big Data and Data Science
· Experience in DevOps environment
· Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of people
in a distributed development environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.