Microsoft Azure is in the cloud race to win it. The Azure networking team is designing, building and operating the critical network infrastructure that our clients rely on every day.
Our team is responsible for ensuring the reliability of these networks, even in the face of constant change. We rely on cutting edge research in network emulation and logical verification for this purpose. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
You will be joining the project on the ground floor, so your ideas will shape the future of the project. You will work with other developers, other teams in Azure networking, and top-notch researchers from Microsoft Research and academia to design, implement, and deploy network emulation and verification services that scale out and remove the limitations of existing solutions. You will participate in architecture and design, and ensure a timely creation of the components with high quality.
The position involves internal and external collaborations. There is high visibility in an area of large and expanding investment for Azure, offering a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth. In addition, you will get a chance to publish and present your work in leading industrial and academic forums.
The successful candidate will bring:
• Solid design and coding skills
• Systems programming experience
• Knowledge of networking and distributed systems is a plus Professional software development experience
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms.
• Experience in concurrency, multithreading and synchronization.
• Self-starters and highly motivated to make a difference.
• 15+ years of professional software development/engineering experience
• 5+ years in leadership role
• BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.