Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you’ll face some of the toughest technical problems? Are you an engineer who on a Monday can code up a quick solution to a customer challenge and on a Friday meet with the CIO to discuss how your solution will help re-course their business? Are you customer obsessed with a growth and challenger mind-set? If the above describes you, and you’re looking for your next challenge, then read on.
The Azure Customer Advisory Team (CAT) is seeking a motivated and highly technical Software Engineer. You should be highly familiar with the Azure platform. If this is you, we, Azure CAT, have a great opportunity for you.
Microsoft Azure is a strategic priority and focus of Microsoft’s Cloud strategy. The demand for a heterogeneous platform in the cloud that is .NET, Java and OSS friendly is ever increasing, and the ability to design, build and deploy applications into Azure in a durable and resilient manner is critical to the long-term success of the platform. The Azure CAT team is part of Azure Engineering and focuses on in-bound product feedback born from hands-on most challenging customer engagements.
The Americas TD team works between the engineering teams and a variety of strategic customers. This team’s charter is to engage on projects that rapidly improve our learnings in the engineering organizations as to patterns, gaps, requirements and barriers to adoption so that we can build the best Cloud platform for today’s apps while charting a course to support tomorrow’s apps and patterns. The Azure CAT team works closely with customers on some of the largest and most interesting development projects for Microsoft.
This is a great opportunity to have direct impact on Microsoft’s Cloud offerings as well as our broader platform strategy. You will be working across the entire portfolio of core Azure and will have license to leverage technologies from the broader community regardless of language or platform. This is your opportunity to be part of a growing team that is making a huge impact to Microsoft’s cloud computing platform. This position is non-location based, but would be preferable if in Redmond.
• Work with key strategic customers to successfully onboard them on Azure platform.
• Drive improvements and features in the platform to help adoption and accelerate platform evolution.
• Identify broad adoption blockers and inhibitors, and execute a plan to remove them.
• Identify industry trends and new solutions in the broader community that are applicable to our domain.
• Quickly ramp on new products and features that may not have been released yet.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Deep technical knowledge on Cloud—primarily Azure, but a competitive understanding of AWS is a plus
• Public/Private Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, services etc.
• ASP.NET/.NET technologies and OSS developer technologies and frameworks
• Micro-services architecture and design principles
• Knowledge of programming languages, such as C#
• PowerShell, AzureCLI, ARM
• High courage and conviction, with exceptional communication and influence skills
• Demonstrated ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business needs and priorities
Typical Characteristics and Traits:
Azure CAT resources can learn and adapt quickly to assist in applying technology to solve business problems as they relate to the customer’s businesses and the industries they operate in. The appropriate selection of technology and architecture is often influenced by the business demographics and competitive landscape.
They also share a common set of characteristics that drive innovation and value for engineering and our customers:
• Executive presence, maturity, and technical and business acumen to generate trust, build alliances across the organization, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of engineering, and customers.
• Recognized as thought leaders, mentors, and guides.
• Situational awareness to adapt and solve the most complex and sophisticated challenges from a business and technology perspective.
• Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic design and delivery.
• Empathy, curiosity, desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for impact.
• Ability to operate effectively in highly ambiguous environments.
• 7+ years application development experience
• Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products
• Application development experience preferably with a mix of management, architecture, technical lead and IC developer roles
• Experience with Microsoft Azure a must and an understanding of AWS and Google Cloud highly desired
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.