Since 2003, Skype has been synonymous with “communication” and “connecting people”. Every day, millions of individuals and businesses use Skype and Skype for Business to make video and voice calls, send instant messages, share files and collaborate. Skype is the ultimate connectivity tool that spans cultures, countries, continents. Today, a large portion of the Internet-connected world is on Skype but we have even bolder ambitions! To realize them, we are aggressively looking for stellar Android and iOS apps software engineers. If you are passionate about apps and great at building them, we want to hear from you!
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Skype for Android team, you will:
- Architect, design and implement software systems, components and apps that run on Android and/or iOS.
- Architect, design and implement app features to satisfy both functional and non-functional requirements
- Architect, design and implement in-app instrumentation and telemetry
- Identify and debug systemic problematic patterns and work on eradicating them.
- Be a visible technical leader across the Skype division. Mentor and coach other engineers.
- Lead by example. Have a profound effect on the culture of the team and the systems used across the division.
- Create and nurture a friendly, productive, supportive environment.
- Get to have a deep meaningful impact on one of the most popular and loved apps in the world – Skype!
- CS graduate or equivalent work experience.
- Deep knowledge of and insight into CS concepts, data-structures, algorithms and apps architecture.
- Ability to deliver impressive technical results in a fast, pragmatic manner.
- 4+ years of Android and/or iOS development experience (React knowledge is great too, but not critical!)
- 6+ years of mobile apps development and testing experience on Android, iOS and/or Windows Phone
- 15+ years of software engineering experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish frameworks (process frameworks, system frameworks, architecture) to scaffold
- Leader in software quality and agile software development
- Leader in architecture and design
- Strong attention to detail. Passion for pixel-perfection and apps craftsmanship
- Deep experience with unit testing, mocking and dependency injection frameworks
- Deep knowledge of mobile apps design patterns (MVVM-S, etc.)
- Ability to influence high-level executives and organizations as a change leader.
- Deep knowledge of Android and/or React is a big plus
- Experience working with cross-functional, geographically diverse teams is a big plus too
Come join the Skype team in Palo Alto and help us define and create the future of communication and collaboration!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.