CSE JD Template – SWE 65+
Organization Mission / Information:
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
· Gain a deep and broad understanding of the business processes.
· Design, develop and test the most complicated technical components.
· Mentor other team members and influence big picture design
· Define and communicate architecture for systems or services
· Build and define deployment automation processes and move towards continuous delivery
· Drive improvements in engineering at the broader organization level
· Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design reviews
· System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions.
· Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
· Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
· Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
• 10+ years development and design working on high availability systems
• 5+ years in a Lead or Manager role
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide spectrum of people in business and technical domains
• Experience in development and design at scale
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Translate problem solving techniques into code
• BA or BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience with direct, remote and virtual teams
• Experience in supportability “DevOps” environment
• Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Technologies
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.