The Xbox team is looking for a Principal Software Engineering Lead with extensive Azure service development experience to run a team responsible for back-end services and endpoints development. You will be building a well-funded team, leading design and architecture for crucial components, and getting in on the ground floor of a long-term services. You will have the opportunity to learn from our many talented Principal developers, as well as mentor a new cadre of more junior developers. Technically challenging projects, a healthy and high-caliber team, awesome products for excited fans? We have a culture of collaboration and lean process. We especially value transparency, competency and self-direction. We work in assembly as well as native and managed languages, from hardware to game code, and from cloud to client. We eagerly work on some of the most difficult technical challenges in gaming, and love what we do. Don’t miss this rewarding opportunity!
• Make great hires
• Set vision and direction for service component design
• Drive service development and operational model
• Set the bar for quality engineering
• 10+ years professional coding in C# or C++ or Java or other OOP
• Extensive experience building and operating Azure services
• Experience leading development teams
• Experience with databases and storage solutions
• Experience with operational monitoring and intelligence
• Experience with global scale distributed systems
• Experience with geolocated service development
• Experience with service API design
• Passion for great software engineering
• Passion for large scale distributed system development
• Motivated to learn challenging technical domains
• BS degree or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.