Principal Software Engineer
Mixer is the newest addition to the Xbox family. At Mixer we’ve redefined the rules for what constitutes live streaming. We don’t talk about delay in terms of seconds, in our world we operate in milliseconds. With an end to end delay as low as 250 milliseconds, we’re able to do things never thought possible to make the viewer experience far more engaging and interactive. From the obvious; seeing a streamer respond to a chat message instantly, to the exciting; allowing a viewer to interact directly with the game the streamer is playing, we’ve made the viewers part of the action and we’re not stopping there!
Mixer is looking for an engineer to join our video team. We are looking for an individual with experience building ultra-low latency micro services specifically for real time media applications to help build our next generation low latency video stack.
• 8+ years of professional software development experience
• Experience in (one of) C/C++/C#/GoLang
• Experience working with audio and or video
• Experience developing highly reliable and scalable micro services
Nice to have:
• Experience developing and debugging services in Linux
• Experience working with RTMP and HLS
• Strong desire to work with streamers and viewers to troubleshoot issues
• Experience working in a dynamic startup environment
• Experience with low latency media connection handshakes and transport (SIP, STUN/TURN/ICE, DTLS, WebRTC, RTP, H.264, OPUS)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.