Principal Software Engineer
Users are spending more time than ever browsing the web on an ever-increasing range of devices. The Microsoft Edge App team is taking a fresh look at the end-user browsing experience, with a new focus on devices and services and how we connect to the larger ecosystem. Come join a team of highly motivated developers working on Microsoft Edge, the brand-new web browser for Windows 10!
We are looking for an individual with high motivation for excellence to join our developer team to lead code modernization, inner loop testability, and developer productivity efforts. The ideal candidate is skilled at design, implementation, and team processes and is also able to step back and take a high-level view of the overall project.
• 10+ years of software development experience
• 10+ years of C++ Windows development experience
• 10+ years of professional industry experience driving architectural changes across large projects
• Excellent design, coding, debugging and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience building Windows Store applications is a plus
• Experience with Windows architecture and internals is a plus
• A BS or MS in Computer science or a related technical discipline or equivalent is required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.