Principal Software Engineer
In Analog, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that’s scientists ‘meeting’ on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We are a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
Come help us design the future of spatial computing! We are looking for a creative and highly passionate senior software engineer who can help us build augmented and virtual reality experiences - our products include Windows Mixed Reality, HoloLens, and Altspace VR. You will be working with a multi-discipline team to revolutionize how people collaborate, work and play.
What you’ll do:
• Build experiences that run on the full mixed reality spectrum of devices from AR to VR targeting high end and low-end hardware.
• Deliver software that demonstrates the full potential of our differentiated hardware and MR services and enables other developers to do the same.
• Work closely with cross discipline peers in a studio model to deliver engaging end user focused experiences.
• Work closely with technical leadership to deliver robust, well designed solutions.
• Be on the cutting edge of defining interaction, productivity and engagement in our new medium.
What you’ll need:
• Exceptional C++ skills and experience at least 5+ years
• Background in game development, a good understanding of game development best practice or a track record of delivering engaging user experiences.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and shipping 3D interactive applications and tools.
• Experience working with established, large-scale software architectures
• Ability to collaborate with creative disciplines to design new interactions
• Experience in developing with Unity or Unreal game engines
• Shipped at least one or more interactive 3D experiences
• Background in client server networking or massively multiplayer experiences
• Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.