Responsible for the development and documentation of complex Windows applications embedded in state-of-art ophthalmic surgical devices. These devices incorporate multiple real time and non-real time processors communicating over a common bus. Windows is used to implement functionality including GUI, database, business logic, and external networking. You will participate in all phases of the software lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, and testing. In this position you will gain an in-depth understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the eye.
• Develops and applies complex concepts and proposes new and unique approaches, methods, procedures and designs with regular use of ingenuity, creativity and originality to researching technical issues.
• Applies advanced level software development principles to the research and development of Windows applications.
• Assures continuity of products and processes through feasibility assessment, research, design, development and compliance to requirements.
• Leads design reviews.
• Ensures regulatory / statutory / legislative compliance for all project work.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
alrpo EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements • BS Computer Science, or related discipline and 6 years work experience.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required.
• 10 + years hands-on Windows development experience.
• Experience with .NET, C# and C++.
• Familiarity with hardware design constraints as applied to software interfaces.
• Demonstrated ability to independently research technical issues and generate creative/innovative solutions.
• Fluent verbal and written English communication skills.
• 5 years Medical Device work experience and MS + 8 years' experience or BS + 10 years' work experience.
• Development of medical device software in an FDA-regulated environment.
• Development of Graphic User Interfaces using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for embedded applications.
• Experience with multi-threading, and interprocess communication.
• Familiarity with Windows 7 Embedded or Windows 10 IoT.
• Strong working knowledge of advanced design principles that facilitate maintainability, reuse, and clarity of design.
A little about us:
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.