Principal Software Engineer
Technology Las Vegas, Nevada
Must haves:Web Development experienceAWS - other cloud services if not AWS, (google or MS) Nodejs React API'shigh traffic website exp.JavaWhat you'll be doing:
What you'll bring to the table:
- Lead, mentor and inspire fellow technology
- Help build complex, scalable fast systems and services using modern technology and methodologies
- Facilitate difficult conversations between disparate technical and business perspectives balancing short term needs vs setting up the company for long term success with an eye towards limiting the buildup of technical debt
- Capturing and analyzing data to improve system capabilities
- Building fault-tolerant systems that can process billions of requests per day and have the ability to enhance processes within the system through analysis, tracking and automation.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- Work closely with senior engineering leaders to design, implement and deploy applications that impact the business with an emphasis on Mobile, Payments, e-Commerce website development etc.
- Understanding of expert software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Capability in connecting with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product approach
- A solid understanding of all software layers including UI, service, data store, and communication layers
- Expertise in mentoring and advising junior software engineers to develop their skills, and make them more successful, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on skill in many incongruent technologies, typically fluctuating from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, required
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, required
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis, required
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl, required
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.