Come join the One Intuit Identity (OII) Team as a Principal Software Engineer. You'll be part of a team developing highly available, scalable, and secure Identity and Access Management services using the latest technologies including cloud ready architecture, latest identity protocols and fraud / security prevention. Our UI and services are critical for Intuit and used by millions of customers using various Intuit products, including TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint. We adopted agile processes to move fast. We consider our people as the most important asset - we take the growth of our engineers seriously.
The ideal candidate will have a strong educational and technical background. The engineer will be directly responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance, and documentation of high quality software components.
- Drive significant technology initiatives end to end and across multiple layers of architecture
- Drive design and implementation of durable and software solutions that will solve critical customer problems
- Recommend development best practices for application development
- Deliver technical design and implement highly available, scalable, and secure web services with excellent quality
- Partner with other groups both inside and outside of Intuit for cross-functional design and solution integration
- Work with cross-functional team members from Architecture, Product Management, Q/A and Production Operations to develop, test, and release features
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge technology and software paradigms
- Actively stay abreast of mobile/SaaS/PaaS trends and standards, recommend best practices and share learning
- Pursue and resolve complex or unchartered technical problems and share key learnings
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model to software engineers pursuing technical career path in engineering
- Provide/inspire innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole
- Coach and mentor other engineers in process and methodologies
- Provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, technology prototypes, patent proposals and engineering process improvements
- Strong educational background with BS / MS in Computer Science or related area.
- 8+ years of experience developing systems/software for large business environments
- Strong experience leading design and implementation of robust and highly scalable web services.
- Strong OOD and SOA principles, with ability to implement them in a language of choice (Java)
- Experience with no-SQL is required
- Experience with Amazon AWS or similar cloud platform is required
- Experience with Microservices is highly desirable
- Experience with full stack development is a plus.
- Has a passion for learning.
- Has a passion to produce high quality deliverables.
- Able to operate at highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment for iterative project turnarounds on mission critical systems.
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills. Able to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people
- Demonstrated ability to work with global teams across time zones
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment.
- High adaptability and flexibility
- Experience driving for results across cross-functional teams while maintaining effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills. Communicates clearly, succinctly and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers and management (including executives)
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Principal Software Developer Senior Software Engineer - Fraud Prevention Staff Application Operations Engineer Staff Software Engineer Principal Software Engineer See More…