The Healthcare NExT team within Artificial Intelligence and Research is working at the intersection of machine learning and biomedicine. We are a diverse team of engineers, scientists and medical doctors who are working to empower individuals, doctors and providers to improve health outcomes through more intelligent use of more precise data. We are beginning a new moonshot project that will transform medicine, and are building a world-class, cross-institutional team of machine learning experts, software engineers, computational biologists, and immunologists who will make this dream a reality.
We are looking for a software engineer who can work with data scientists and machine learning researchers to develop and ship pipelines and models. This engineer will have extensive experience in implementing machine learning algorithms and models, will thrive in uncertainty, and be passionate about healthcare.
You are a great fit for this position if you:
• Are passionate about machine learning
• Are entrepreneurial and self-motivated
• Thrive in ambiguity
• Are willing to wear many hats and contribute across disciplines
• Have shipped multiple far reaching products
• 10+ years experience working in an enterprise software company
• 5+ years in machine learning
• Experience with machine learning platforms, such as Scikit Learn, Tensor Flow, CNTK, etc
• Proven track record of shipping software and services
• Experience in Python, R, or other ML languages
• Experience in working with biological data a plus; willingness to learn a must!
• Humility and drive to be a "learn-it-all"
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.