As Principal Software Engineer, you'll be using your object-oriented development expertise and database know-how on the data we ingest from hundreds of different companies, and the solutions you develop will revolutionize the way products and services are sold. We rely on all of our Software Engineers to develop innovative solutions for our digital and offline marketing products. Our solutions will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success with Oracle will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination. Our engineers are grouped into teams that each focus on a specific business line. (We are "truly" agile which means daily stand-ups and two-week iterations.) Engineers that like to share and mentor thrive here, for Oracle offers ample opportunities to move between teams and work on varying business domains and technology challenges.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Work as a member of an Agile Software Development Team to help implement new functionality based on business requirements.
• Develop new programs and supporting existing programs in Linux and Windows environments.
• Interact with the Oracle business and operations teams and facilitate working through technical implementation and customer service issues.
• Performance test in a high-volume Internet infrastructure.
• Develop primarily server-side solutions in Java.
• Develop in a variety of database technologies including; Cassandra, Redshift, Hive, MS SQL Server, MySQL
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
• Development experience in Java is required
• Other experience we look for includes: Python, Linux, Hadoop, Spark, SQL, big data experience.
• Familiarity with AWS (Amazon Web Services) is preferred.
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.