Principal Software Engineer
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry...We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Sr. Software Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a senior engineer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms and provide technical leadership/supervision to the developers.
- Driving project/service delivery
- Performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
.- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
.- Conducting design & code reviews.
- Tracking developers' bandwidth to assist in resource allocation.
- Supporting PM in technical tasks & delivery schedule development.
- Reviewing system test scenarios & test cases.
- Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Providing oversight to Vendor's technical design and code delivery.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience.
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- At least 3 years experience in JAVA development.
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years experience in application support
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.