Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Description The Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) Engineering team is looking for a hands-on, passionate, and results-oriented software engineer to work in ECS Customer Response Team (CRT). Candidates should understand software development, have excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, be able to deliver quick fixes for hot issues, and be eager to improve product quality and reliability.
The Customer Response Team at ECS supports Escalation Engineering with customer issues by performing troubleshooting, inspection, and patch delivery. On one hand, the CRT team works closely with the Development team on the hot fixes, potential improvements, and helping to define serviceability areas to focus on. On the other hand, this role interacts with Release Engineering on improving the build and release experience. The team is also responsible to design and develop internal troubleshooting tools as well as implements field driven engineering work.
We are a globally distributed team with representation in main development sites across the globe. This position offers work in a dedicated team with a tremendous amount of ability to help, influence and enable how engineering teams at ECS deliver the next generation of scale out object storage system.
ECS (Elastic Cloud Storage), as the leading-edge answer of Dell EMC for cloud storage and software-defined storage industry, is designed for both traditional and next-generation workloads with unmatched scalability, flexibility and resiliency. With rapid growth of customer subscription, the ECS team is also expanding and providing great opportunities for world-class talent like you.
- Troubleshoot customer issues, support escalation engineers, deliver hot fixes
- Participate in on-call rotations to support the product outside of business hours
- Drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies
- Design and build configurable and scalable tools to support software troubleshooting
- Actively mentor and train teammates
- Strong software development skills
- Solid Java Development background with a focus on networking and memory management
- Significant experience with Linux/Unix environments and development.
- Expert knowledge of at least one modern scripting language: bash, python, etc.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences: engineers, management, and support
- Ability and propensity to write concise descriptions of problems and solutions in our bug system, CR system and wiki system
- Experience working on file system, storage system and distributed system is a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership
is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R18418
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.