Job Description :
Baxter International Inc. provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's 50,000 employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Applies a solid understanding of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria as part of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) toward the development of new or enhanced software products or processes. Plans, executes and functionally directs important engineering assignments, which require independent judgment.
- Provide software design leadership for enhancements/changes to software supporting current Infusion Systems products and design for new products.
- Defines/modifies software architecture supporting product roadmap.
- Create software design artifacts based on requirements/use-cases and software architecture.
- Supervises creation of GUI design and GUI design artifacts working with requirements from cross-functional teams.
- Conducts analysis and provides recommendation on refactor opportunities for existing software platforms
- Provides design/technical specifications to external design partners as required.
- Supervise/coordinate other engineers on assigned work throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Make recommendations for software product and process improvements based on technical knowledge.
- Utilize software engineering methodologies and tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., software requirements management, UML, software configuration management, unit testing, static analysis, and FMEA).
- • A solid technical understanding of the principles and procedures of software engineering (e.g. SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile).
- • Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
- • Experience in one or more of the following embedded and application software development areas:
• Requirements management tools such as DOORS
• Software architecture/design of embedded devices
• Refactoring legacy software
• Design for test automation
• Software localization design
• Cybersecurity practices
• Knowledge of C/C++, object oriented design, embedded Linux development.
- • Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
- • Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams.
- • Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
- • Passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good process and best practices.
- • Desired: Experience with medical device software engineering disciplines (e.g. software development environments, configuration management tools, code inspection techniques and tools, testing methods and test management tools). Critical experiences in a heavily-regulated environment, e.g. FDA or DoD. Knowledge of GMP guidelines and FDA (21 CFR) guidelines.
B.S.in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field and 5+ year related experience.
#LI-AS1Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law GINA Supplement Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to OneBaxter@baxter.com or call 800-422-9837 (800-4Baxter) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.