Do you live to solve hard problems? Do you revel in breaking through barriers? Are you passionate about attracting, nurturing and growing top talent? Thrive not only in Microsoft software and services, but also in Open Source (OSS), for both short and longer-term projects? The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) Global ISV Enablers team partners with top ISVs from around the world to solve some of their toughest engineering challenges, cloud enable their solutions for the Microsoft Azure platform and help transform their business.
Our CSE mission is to enable high-impact organizations and developer communities to achieve more and drive the value of our intelligent cloud and edge. To deliver on this mission, our Global ISV Enablers team engages with partners on direct engineering collaborations to create scalable, resilient and commercially viable software solutions for the Microsoft Azure platform, enabling a rich ecosystem of third party offerings in the areas of Blockchain, Compute (Containers and Orchestration, Dev Ops, HPC, Management & Monitoring), Data Platform & Analytics, Media, Networking Storage and Security categories.
We are looking for a proven leader to drive the overall success of the Compute, Networking and Security categories as well as grow and mentor a team of highly qualified software engineers working with the top ISVs in these categories.
This candidate will be responsible for:
• Collaborating with business & technology leaders across Microsoft’s One Commercial Partner (OCP), Growth + Ecosystem (G+E), Azure Engineering and Microsoft Field teams to drive the overall success of the Compute, Networking and Security categories.
• Growing and mentoring a team of highly qualified software engineers working with the top ISVs in the Compute, Networking and Security categories.
• Identifying opportunities and paving the way (with architecture and code patterns) to unlock new technical and business opportunities for partners and accelerate their success on Microsoft platforms.
• Working collaboratively with peers across CSE & Microsoft Engineering to manage and guide our engineering process, with a focus on continuously improving quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness.
• Engaging with Microsoft’s product team engineers to provide feedback and influence product roadmap and direction.
• Sharing expertise with customers, partners, and communities worldwide.
• Developing deep, trusted advisor relationships with Global ISVs and corresponding open source communities within the Compute, Networking and Security categories.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum 10 years of experience as a software engineer, Minimum 5 years of technical leadership experience and a sincere desire to inspire great work from others and collaborate across the company.
• Creative and inventive spirit, with a passion for Compute, Networking and Security categories.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic.
• Exceptional decision-making skills, conflict resolution, and follow through.
• Great communication, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated deep technical development expertise and solid engineering fundamentals.
• A deep understanding of cloud computing technologies and emerging trends with deep relevant experience with one of the public cloud platforms.
• Existing relationships within Global ISVS and corresponding open source communities. including a deep understanding of how to interact with, and contribute to, these communities.
• BS/BA degree, Masters in Computer Science preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.