Principal Software Engineering Manager
Want to join the next revolution in cloud computing, work on a product that you and your friends will use every day and have a positive impact on millions of customers? We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead a team of highly technical engineers that designs, builds, and manages a variety of key infrastructural components and associated functionality for SharePoint Online and on-premises SharePoint – such as the user profile and group directory services and the authentication+authorization (AuthN+AuthZ) system.
The OneDrive and SharePoint team is revolutionizing cloud storage, team collaboration, and information sharing for consumers and enterprises. We are a big and fast-growing service with a passionate customer base, large developer ecosystem, and extensive partnerships across Azure and Office365. We are a quality focused team that ships innovation daily and uses data driven decision making to run a trustworthy, massively scalable service that delights customers.
As a Principal Engineering Manager, you will lead a team that is creating and improving systems that run at massive scale with industry-leading reliability as well as in dedicated enterprise environments, meeting the demanding security and compliance requirements of millions of customers. You will also personally design and implement core features involving data storage systems, service oriented architecture, datacenter fabric, and distributed computing. We are looking for a manager with a proven track record managing and building high performing teams spanning a broad band of seniority levels, experience building and running cloud services, the architectural skills to build durable platforms, the curiosity to seek out innovative solutions, the agility to work on a broad range of features (both directly and indirectly), the commitment to be a great partner to teams across the company, and a passion for delighting the customer.
• 8+ years of programming/software engineering/software development experience on a large codebase, shipping multiple commercial products or internet-scale cloud services
• 1+ years managing a software engineering team on a large codebase, shipping multiple commercial products or internet-scale cloud services
• Current fluency in C++, C#, and/or Java
• Excellent hands-on design, coding, architecture, validation, and debugging skills
• Track record of driving projects independently, taking calculated smart risks and executing on them successfully
• Desire to operate in an agile development environment
• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Experience with SQL, SharePoint, Azure, Office365 groups, AuthN/AuthZ, AD/AAD, sync, web protocols+security, and/or platform/API design are plusses
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.