Since 2003, Skype has been synonymous with “communication” and “connecting people”. Every day, millions of individuals and businesses use Skype to make video and voice calls, send instant messages, share files and collaborate. Skype is the ultimate connectivity tool that spans devices, OS-es, cultures, countries, continents. Today, a large portion of the Internet-connected world is on Skype but we have even bolder ambitions! To realize them, we are aggressively looking for a stellar Engineering Manager for our Skype team. If you are passionate about apps and bots and great at leading engineering teams, we want to hear from you!
As an Engineering Manager on the team, you will:
- Manage our Studios team, delivering a number of 1st party bots and addins, including Skype Translator!
- Manage and grow a team of star apps and bots engineers.
- Create and nurture a friendly, productive, supportive environment, where all engineers can perform at their best.
- Drive architecture, design and implementation of key subsystems in the Skype app, related to bots / CaaP and addins.
- Identify and debug systemic problematic patterns and work on eradicating them.
- Be a visible technical leader across the Skype division. Lead by example. Have a profound effect on the culture of the team and the systems used across the division.
- Get to have a deep meaningful impact on one of the most popular and loved apps in the world!
Qualifications and Experience:
- CS graduate or equivalent work experience.
- Deep knowledge of and insight into CS concepts, data-structures, algorithms and Android / iOS apps architecture. Deep knowledge of mobile apps design patterns.
- Deep knowledge of CaaP, bots, ML, AI development.
- A solid track record of software delivery in a fast, pragmatic manner.
- 15+ years of software engineering experience; 10+ years of management experiences
- 5+ years of mobile apps engineering experience on Android, iOS and/or Windows Phone
- Strong attention to detail. Passion for pixel-perfection and apps craftsmanship
- Ability to influence high-level executives and organizations as a change leader.
Come join the Skype team in Palo Alto and help us define and create the future of communication and collaboration!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.