Principal Software Engineering Manager
Are you passionate about building software to protect customer data in the cloud? Do you love learning about the latest security breaches and continuously translating that into better software? The Datacenter Security team within OneDrive & SharePoint (ODSP) is chartered with ensuring all assets are continuously discovered and protected. This becomes increasingly challenging in a rapidly scaling service such as ours. The surface area continues to grow in both size and complexity which creates scaling and speed challenges that are difficult to overcome. The Access Control systems in the datacenter must be secure yet allow quick access to entitled engineers with full audit capabilities for compliance. Come join our team as a Principal Software Engineering Manager with the chance to grow your team and accomplish big missions within Office 365 cloud services!
• BS/BA in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent in related technical experience
• 10+ years of industry experience designing large systems using modern design patterns
• Experience with Azure automation and the Azure shared services stack or AWS equivalent
• 5+ years of hands-on experience building scalable Service-Oriented Architectures
• 5+ years of experience managing a technical multi-discipline team of engineers
• Solid design, implementation and problem-solving skills
• Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in object oriented languages (C# required) and scripting languages (PowerShell required)
• Must have passion for learning and growing personal Security expertise
• Experience building Security software systems at scale preferred
• Passion for improving software quality, performance, and reliability through engineering excellence
• Thrives in a fast-paced, agile development environment and can multitask fluidly
• Foster a culture of data-driven engineering to maximize business results
Basic qualifications: 5+ years of software development/programming/engineering leadership and/or management experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.