Are you passionate about building software to protect customer data in the cloud? Do you love learning about the latest security breaches and continuously translating that into better software? The Datacenter Security team within OneDrive & SharePoint (ODSP) is chartered with ensuring all assets are continuously discovered and protected. This becomes increasingly challenging in a rapidly scaling service such as ours. The surface area continues to grow in both size and complexity which creates scaling and speed challenges that are difficult to overcome. The Access Control systems in the datacenter must be secure yet allow quick access to entitled engineers with full audit capabilities for compliance. Come join our team as a PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER with the chance to grow your team through hiring and tackle big missions in a huge cloud service!
• 5+ years of software development/programming/engineering leadership and/or management experience
• BS/BA in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent in related technical experience
• 10+ years of industry experience designing systems in C# or Java using modern design patterns
• 5+ years of hands-on experience building scalable Service-Oriented Architectures
• 5+ years of experience managing a technical and multi-disciplined team of engineers
• Experience in developing, debugging, and maintaining code in object oriented languages (C# required) and Scripting languages (PowerShell required).
• Experience building security software in a large-scale cloud setting - especially to protect and rapidly respond to threats.
• Solid design, implementation and problem-solving skills.
• Passion for improving software quality, performance, and reliability through engineering excellence.
• Experience with Azure automation and the Azure shared services stack or AWS equivalent
• Thrives in a fast-paced, agile development environment and can multitask fluidly
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.