The Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure (MCI) group is an exciting and fast evolving engineering group within Microsoft. MCIO’s mission is to optimize and deliver industry leading cloud infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft’s online services used by our Customers around the world. Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure, which supports over 200 cloud services including Azure, Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive, etc is growing at an incredible pace. Within MCI, the Network Capacity Planning team is responsible for the accurate planning of the optimal infrastructure resources. We strive to deliver a eco system that employs machine learning, change modelling, automation of business processes and logistics, real-time data collection and analysis, prioritization of resource allocations, and other techniques to efficiently deliver customer promise around infinite cloud resources.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader who is passionate about big data and solving large business optimization problems at scale, with extraordinary engineering/services management skills, insight and executive presence. If you are comfortable working in a start-up/v1 effort, enjoy creating and incrementally marching to towards a well-defined long-term architecture, and are motivated by solving hard business process problems with technology then this could be the position for you.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- This is a broad cross-team role with high visibility.
- You will collaborate closely with multiple teams across Microsoft to deliver key planning solutions and the technology to support them.
- Lead design and implementation of the future architecture for highly scalable, durable, low latency capacity planning system.
- Drive innovations leveraging big data, ML techniques and distributed systems to deliver business results.
- Build an effective and agile development organization using industry leading best practices.
- Lead the definition of requirements, KPIs, priorities and planning of engineering deliverables.
- Mentor and grow team members.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 8+ years’ experience developing, managing, or leading development of software.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- 5+ years of experience in leading an engineering team.
- Ability to solve business problems at scale.
- Proven track-record of design and technical accomplishments.
- Ability to quickly pick up existing concepts and employ new techniques.
- Strong problem solving and communication skill (including upwards communication).
- Solid track-record of working with partner teams and managing dependencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft cloud infrastructure, Azure or Bing experience will be a plus.
- Experience in Big data and streaming platforms like Strom, Hadoop, Cosmos and machine learning, Optimization techniques experience will be a strong plus.
- Experience in Supply Chain will be strong plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.