Principal Software Engineering Manager, Azure Identity Governance and Management Team
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: February 27, 2018
Reference ID: 1071925
Security, governance and compliance are focus areas as enterprise IT moves to the cloud. Identity governance and management team in Azure Active Directory Group is focused to provide the game changing solutions in this fast-growing space. We are experimenting and using new technologies, innovations, through experimentation, data analysis & customer connection in delivering software and services to address customer issues.
We are looking for a software engineering leader who loves experimenting, with passion, designing and developing highly available, scalable cloud service that tackle complex technical problems in the Identity & Access Management space. You will be building a team and leading incubation efforts. You will be expected to be hands on, coaching and helping, designing architecting the solution. Your team will be using the latest cutting-edge technologies in building web applications and web services on Azure with high quality code that meets availability, performance, and scalability goals.
• Work with program managers and architects to define the vision and direction of the offering.
• Identify industry trends and new solutions in the broader community that are applicable to our domain.
• Quickly ramp on new products and features that may not have been released yet.
• Be a technical engineering manager working with a senior team.
2+ years of experience managing and coaching a development team.
• 8+ years of experience in the design and delivery of large scale cloud services.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure a must and an understanding of AWS and Google Cloud highly desired.
• Micro-services architecture and design principles.
• High courage and conviction, with exceptional communication and influence skills.
• Demonstrated ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business needs and priorities.
• Strong project management and execution skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.