Do you have a passion for building world-class distributed systems with the focus on availability and scalability? Do you have an experience building mission critical systems sustaining high loads across the globe? Are you excited about working in the agile team and a startup environment? Then we have a job for you!
The Identity Division is driving the innovation in the cloud and hybrid ecosystems and is the new common denominator for the application development lifecycle. Identity services connect organizations, users, applications, policies, and data providing a strong foundation for the modern application development. Our team specifically focuses on building and running enterprise authentication stack and protection services, aka login.microsoftonline.com.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineering Manager to lead a set of premium cloud services that empower tenant admins and users to manage the identity of their org in the cloud. These services save enterprises billions of dollars and comprise the backbone of the Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite. These services have very high daily and monthly active usage and require strong focus on live site, quality of service, and customer SLA. The area has a wide array of technical challenges - high scale, distributed data management, global coverage, consistency and app dev model, etc.
In the position, we are seeking a blend of the technical, hands-on leadership with the ability to influence senior people across the organization. Our engineering process and platform support are cutting edge, allowing the team to focus on delivering value to our customers. Our culture is focused on service, engineering and customer excellence and we have the right tools to enable fast experimentation and help our customers in real-time.
• 10+ years of professional software development experience in either C, C++, Java or C#
• 2+ years of experience leading high performing, agile teams
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Proven track record in building secure, reliable & maintainable as well as operating in a highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment
• Running live site for services and optimizing for a “touch free”; self-healing systems minimizing TTD and TTM with little or no manual intervention
• Passion for the customer and solving complex problems to their satisfaction, advocacy for modern agile engineering practices
• Large scale data systems
• Developing applications (C#/C++/Java/ASP.net) for Azure, AP and/or ServiceFabric app models and record of direct interaction with the partner teams landing the requirements and influencing direction based on the project’s needs
• Strong understanding of the app developer experience as well as distributed systems is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.