We are the Enterprise Open Source Group (EOSG) at Microsoft, and if you are an Engineering Manager experienced with Linux kernel or distro development, build and validation, this is the job for you!
Our team plays a key leadership role at Microsoft by driving core Linux technologies, solutions and strategy in Azure. We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our release automation team. The release automation team is focused on building and validating Linux kernels/distros used by customers worldwide on Azure and Hyper-V. Specifically, this team enables…
• Continuous validation of partner Linux distros in Azure and Hyper-V
• Continuous validation of Azure Host and Hyper-V builds against Linux
• High-quality customer experiences for Linux users in Azure and Hyper-V
As an Engineering Manager, you will work closely with both internal and external customers, coordinate design and coding across several live projects, and partner with multiple independent teams in disparate geographic locations. You will also work with and contribute to a variety of open source projects.
We’re looking for a creative leader like you with the following skills:
• Ability to handle complex cross-group projects
• Strong aptitude in architecting, designing, developing, debugging, and delivering excellent products
• Passionate about partnering with customers
• Deep technical expertise in kernel and/or distribution build, automation and release management
• Technical passion, terrific problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for all every-day aspects of our distributed release tools and infrastructure, including architecture, customer interactions, roadmap decisions, backlog and product ownership, engineering quality and release processes. You’ll also make an impact through people development and career growth. At EOSG everyone is a recruiter; we have a track record of attracting the best talent in the industry and you will have an integral role in continuing to attract and retain key talent as a leader in the organization.
• Good understanding of Linux kernel/distro lifecycle with deep technical background.
• Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communications skills, ability to talk to customer developers as well as senior technology leaders.
• Passion for improving performance and reliability of engineering systems.
• Experience leading projects and managing an engineering team.
• M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field, or 4 years of technology industry experience.
• 8+ years software development experience.
Come help us change Microsoft!
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.