We are the Security, Health & Analytics team and our services will be deployed everywhere in Azure. Our focus is getting security health telemetry and apply analytics on top of that. We are already sitting on troves of data and our mission is to harvest data reliably and at scale and use analytics to gain further insights as to the security state of Azure.
As a Principal Engineering Manager, you will lead a team that is creating and improving systems that run at large scale. We are looking for a manager with a proven track record managing and building high performing teams, experience building and running cloud services, the architectural skills to build durable platforms, the collaboration skills to partner successfully with other teams across the company, the curiosity to seek out innovative solutions, the agility to work on a broad range of features (both directly and indirectly), and a passion for delighting customers.
Ideal candidates would have the following traits:
• Excited to work on the intersection of security, cloud services and analytics.
• Communications skills. Clear, succinct, targeted. Oral and written
• Passionate managing and developing people, helping them recognize and tap into skills and talents they didn’t even know they had!
• 7+ years of design and services development experience
• 1+ years of people management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience developing cloud services is a plus
• Agility in fast paced environment
• Strong customer focus and data driven approach
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.