Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Principal Software Program Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Principal Technical Program Manager will be responsible for conducting full lifecycle activities to include from portfolio design to implementation and continuously monitoring performance. You will be responsible for the overall strategy, portfolio analytics design and drive full implementation. You will work very closely with the MYA leadership team, data science team and technology team.
* Define key portfolio KPIs to focus on the most critical MYA metrics; Define and create a portfolio wide analytics strategy and capability supporting structured and unstructured data.
* Drive innovative and creative solutions to decommission traditional warehouses and drive cutting-edge analytics from the Data Lake and the Predix platform.
* Being a key thought leader responsible for driving an ingestion strategy for the MYA IT Data Lake platforms and services. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders, infrastructure partners and analytics developers to ingest MYA legacy and Next Gen Systems and provide consistent, clean and accurate enterprise data to MYA functional teams.
* Have the ability to see the big picture with a demonstration of strong business acumen.
* Able to communicate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively.
* Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture environment.
* Lead multiple IT teams to execute the implementation plan till completion.
* Manage communication process with IT & business leadership.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 15 years of experience along with established leadership across the discipline and function
authorization to work in the U.S. is required.We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now
or in the future, for this job opening
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Data lake technology, Predix platform technology
* Knowledge of both information technology & business financials
* Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
* Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment and effectively interface with all levels of the organization
* Change oriented - actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines, ability to adapt to ever changing priorities
* Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and/or industry activities
* Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
* ITLP Graduate / CAS graduate (GE internal)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.