What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can’t achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking -- a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft, we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in people’s lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet. Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Azure is the most innovative cloud platform in computing today and Microsoft is hiring Azure Application and Infrastructure Principal Solution Specialists (PSS).
As a PSS, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly target revenue and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. You will be able to deeply engage with your accounts, helping them take advantage of our unique hybrid platform to make their digital transformation. To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Impact You’ll Be Making
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
• 50% - Build transform new markets and lead transformational shifts in our customers.
• Develop, communicate and provide high business impact solutions that enable digital transformation.
• 30% - Disciplined in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; build a strong and active business network; meets sales targets and operational standards.
• 20% - Maintain and develop a positive Customer and Partner Experience (CPE).
Who We Are Looking For
Experiences Required: Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 10+ years’ experience selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on application and infrastructure technologies preferred.
Effective territory/account management:
• Planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation required.
• Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
• Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence
• Azure Platform. Understanding of Microsoft server products and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft strategies and products relative to major Microsoft competitors.
• Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and application and infrastructure competitor landscape.
Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs. At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.