As a leading Fortune 500 Technology & Security Company, Symantec already protects more than a billion IoT devices, putting Symantec among the biggest providers of IoT security today, and first to deliver a comprehensive security reference architecture for how to build-in security to make your IoT systems "secure by design." IoT security is a complex problem requiring both breadth and depth of security experience. Symantec brings an unrivaled breadth of leading security solutions for device protection, encryption, authentication, key management, and code signing. Symantec also has unmatched depth in security expertise from monitoring, analyzing and processing more than 10 trillion security events per year worldwide for Symantec's Global Intelligence Network.
This particular team is building an exciting new product to extend Norton Security to everything connected in the consumer home. With IoT, the number of connected devices is growing at an exponential rate. While, these new devices offer a new range of possibilities, they also are increasing the attack vectors for the hackers exponentially. These devices collect a lot more sensitive personal data. Securing these devices and the personal information has never been so crucial. The team is building disruptive next-gen IoT security applications and product experience that encompass hardware, software, mobile apps and services.
Also, this team is empowered for complete autonomy and ownership. It functions independently to find creative, bold & innovative solutions to solve some of the most complex problems in the IoT space.
We are looking to leverage a sharp, passionate & experienced Principal SQA Automation Engineer to build and protect the next generation of connected devices. These engineers will work with a team of world-class security experts to secure the connected consumer homes. These engineers will be part of a team of ninjas within Symantec, who are focused on building innovative & disruptive applications in the Internet of Things space. The team operates like a startup within Symantec.
As a Principal SQA Automation Engineer, the below are needed to be successful: Qualifications:
Desired Work Experience:
- 10 to 12 years of Quality Engineering, Automation frameworks and Tools development in Java, Python.
- Excellent knowledge of designing and developing testing framework from scratch.
- 4 years of working with Selenium/webdriver automation tool
- 2 years of working with Appium or other Mobile Automation Tools.
- Experience of automating tests for Web and Mobile clients
- Experience with backend automation for REST or SOAP APIs
- Experienced with Software QA processes and methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of Agile software development life cycle and validation processes.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Troubleshoot performance, scalability and stability issues throughout our products and propose solutions.
- Good working knowledge of Scripting languages; Shell, Python, Perl
- Excellent understanding of Unix/Linux Operating System
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience in testing consumer products based on Linux
- Excellent knowledge of networking
- Knowledge and experience of load, performance and stress testing
- Experience in wireless domain
- Working knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of tools like Jenkins CI, JMeter and various open source tools
- Experience in security domain
- CSTE Certification
If you are passionate about building great products and are looking to join a high-performing, hyper-productive team? Come join us and be part of a team that is being built as a "Startup\
A little about us:
At Symantec, you’ll prosper at one of the world’s largest software companies, while helping protect the world’s digital information and interactions.