Principal SW Eng Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: October 03, 2017
Reference ID: 1073905
Principal SW Engineering Manager – 3D scanning and augmented reality on mobile devices
We’re a team of experienced developers and incubators working on truly inspiring new technology. We are building ground-breaking experiences at the cutting edge of technology. We transform our ideas into reality by shipping first-to-market products. We are part of Microsoft broader 3D for everyone program, you can read more about our vision here http://mashable.com/2016/10/26/microsoft-3d-platform/
You’re an experienced engineering leader with a stellar track record and you love to learn and take on new challenges. You’re thrilled to apply your leadership talents working at the intersection of cutting edge experience and technology, demonstrating your knowledge to lead development of incredible software products. You're looking to bring cutting edge computer vision projects to market and set program and technical direction for an engineering team with diverse skillsets. You are passionate about leadership and management of engineering teams.
As Principal SW Engineering Manager, you will lead multiple engineering teams, some specializing in computer vison others in application development and user experience. You’ll be partnering closely with a talented cross-discipline leadership team to develop products that push the bar on what’s possible with new technologies. You’ll lead the implementation and maintenance of new features, and be responsible for delivering products on-time and at high quality. You will set technical and program direction and deliver solid technical mentorship and feedback.
• Experience managing engineering leads
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of professional development experience in C/C++
• Experience taking multiple projects through a full lifecycle from prototype to ship
• Strong creative problem solving and algorithm development skills
• Excellent debugging and optimization skills working in a multi-threaded environment
• Passion for state of the art technology and amazing user experiences
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to communicate and provide technical guidance to other disciplines
• Strong background in 3D and other applied mathematics
• Excellent skills in C#
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
• Experience working with resource constrained hardware (game consoles, mobile, other)
• Expertise in computer vision, graphics or machine learning
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.