* Principal Software Engineer - DCS Architecture *
Dell Commerce Services (DCS) builds and operates a global Commerce Platform that powers Dell.com, which receives over 1 billion page views per year, across 150 countries and is Googled more than 1 million times per day. Dell Commerce provides its customers a cohesive branded experience across Consumer, Premier, Solutions, eSupport and Offline Sales. Dell.com is extending the reach of its Commerce Platform to command an extensive variety of applications and solutions that are central to the growth of Dell as a technology and solutions company.
Dell Commerce Services (DCS) is looking to hire a Principal Engineer to be part of their DCS Architecture Team to help drive the technical direction of the Dell Online/Offline retail sales business. Reporting to the Distinguished Engineer of DCS, you will be working with Senior Principal Engineers to provide both high and low level technical direction of the organization to the various teams within DCS engineering. Through working with the various development teams, you will be able to demonstrate best-practices to build the best-in-class, large-scale, highly-available, event-based architecture. The ideal candidate will have experience at driving new techniques and technologies across development teams and absolutely must be team player.
- Provides strategic direction to the planning, design, and architecture of DCS infrastructure
- Lead design reviews across numerous teams
- Provide technical design, functional, technical and user documentation
- Deep dive into existing codebases to understand designs, issues, and opportunities
- Develop high quality software that leads and inspires others to do similar.
- Lead cross-functional implementations
- Inspire adoption of practices across the organization
- Mentor software developers
* Requirements *
- Undergraduate degree in computer science with a minimum of 10 years of software development experience, or a Graduate degree with 8 years of experience.
- Design and/or development experience of large scale service oriented architecture
- Quick learner with motivation to learn new languages, technologies and frameworks (you will get opportunity to play with a lot of new technologies)
- Experience building customer facing applications deployed on cloud environments (AWS, Azure or similar)
- A good working knowledge of message-driven architecture best practices
- 5 years' experience with either C# or Java
- Experience Mentoring others
- Design and Development experience on either of Mongo, Cassandra, SQLServer, Oracle
- Experience with cloud development
- E-commerce specific industry knowledge and experience in software engineering
* Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
/ Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: // Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. /
**Job:** **Engineering - Software Development Engineer*
**Organization:** **Information Technology*
**Title:** *Principal SW Engineer - Dell E-Commerce Architecture*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000EWB*