Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Then look no further.
End User Services Engineering includes a set of teams that deliver and run services that create a highly productive work environment for all Microsoft employees.
In particular, we work across individual productivity, team productivity, and field/support workstreams to work in areas such as:
Modern devices, solutions to help people find resources and collaborate with others, the meetings technology experience at Microsoft, technology support, field engagement, real estate and facilities initiatives including around modern IoT-driven experiences to create Smart Buildings, global security, enterprise intelligence, and more.
Put simply, we work across our product groups and business stakeholders to touch multiple areas that improve employee productivity and deliver modern experiences – bringing those experience to life for Microsoft employees while impacting our product strategy to provide experiences for customers and new revenue opportunities.
This role is for a Software Engineering Lead that will manage SWE resources within the broader End User Services Engineering group.
You will work both as an individual contributor and as a manager of an energetic team working on the latest technologies from Azure, Internet of Things, Office, cross-platform user experiences and more. Deliver technical solutions through agile and scrum methodology.
Be on the leading edge of Microsoft’s future direction for Productivity Services, Cloud, Internet of Things, Business Intelligence and more. This is a highly unique innovation focused role that requires depth of software engineering skills for tomorrow’s enterprise.
This role functions in a balance between start-up cultures and enterprise services/scale -- that requires a combination of agile/start-up software development practices and enterprise-level developer architecture skills. It also requires strong people management and mentorship skills to guide the careers of other developers as well as lead them through technical challenges and delivery.
• We are looking for an individual contributor Principal Software Engineer with 10 years of industry experience in a senior role as a software engineer across a diverse set of delivered projects.
• Ability to help outline practices and frameworks for feature team members from one Sprint to the next
• Ability to set the example for code quality in working with other engineers
• BS and/or MS in one of computer science, computer engineering, machine learning, or similar engineering field
• 5+ years of experience delivering scalable and resilient services at large enterprise scale
• 5+ years of experience in data platforms including large-scale analytics on relational, structured and unstructured data
• 3+ years of experience as a SWE lead in an agile environment
• 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure and the Microsoft technology stack
• 2+ years of experience in a DevOps environment
• Strong breadth and depth of cross platform software development skills - iOS, Android, Windows
• Able to recognize and apply modern architectural design patterns for Cloud, Mobile, and IoT devices (such as sensors/beacons)
• Deep customer empathy and vision for innovative productivity scenarios
• Track record as someone who can solve the “tough technical challenges”
• Capability to work independently on the most complex code contributions of a feature
• Experience with applying data science and machine learning to unlock new capabilities
• Passion for mentoring early in career engineering talent
• Expertise in latest web client technology frameworks (React, Angular)
If you possess all of the above, and are a strong perpetuator of an action-oriented and fun/different work culture you might be a good fit.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.