Principal System Engineer - Financial Applications
Capital One Financial Services is looking for a Principal System Engineer to become a key member of our Risk and Finance Technology Team (RaFT) in support of the Global Finance Information Transformation (GFIT) program.
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
In this role, you’ll use your experience to help move the Finance Technology team forward with our digital agenda by helping build the systems that support our Global Finance Information Transformation (GFIT) effort. You will work as part of an agile delivery team tasked with building capabilities into the long-term financial infrastructure platforms.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience using a variety of traditional off-the-shelf products and open source technologies to deliver innovation and functionality. The candidate should also have a keen interest in getting hands-on experience new/emerging technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Hadoop.
• Collaborate with Agile team in planning, developing, implementing, and supporting new or existing applications
• Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on user needs and thorough understanding of business problems with varying levels of complexity
• Partner with product owners, business partners, and end users to understand business processes and concepts
• Solicit, analyze, and negotiate customer requirements under minimal guidance and direction
• Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects
• Identify and address cross-project dependencies and impacts
• Identify risks/issues in a timely manner and appropriately mitigate/escalate
• Educated on capabilities and constraints of technology platforms
• Experience working both independently and collaboratively to solve problems and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
• Experience participating in design, build and testing of system solutions
• Experience in data modeling & lineage
• Passionate about technological trends in the market and leverage them in driving innovation
• Understanding all pieces of the puzzle so you can see the big picture.
• Assisting the team in finding refined solutions to complex challenges and helping the entire team meet its commitments
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or Bachelor's Degree in MIS, or military experience
• At least 2 years of experience in system analysis
• At least 1 year of experience in Agile software development
• At least 2 years of experience in software support
• At least 2 years of experience in web-based applications
• At least 3 years of experience in data analysis using SQL
• Master’s Degree
• 3 years of experience in IT projects
• 3 years of experience in system analysis
• 2 years of experience in software support
• 2 years of experience with Financial Systems
• 2 years of experience with tools such as Splunk, Jenkins, Python, Ruby/Cucumber
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.