The Principal Systems Administrator, Cloud Operations is responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of computing systems.
The successful Principal Systems Administrator, Cloud Operations candidate should be comfortable working closely with architecture, implementation, operations anchors to plan new product deployments, suggest solutions for systems architecture and proactively detect areas for improvement in existing systems. The Principal Systems Administrator, Cloud Operations candidate must have strong communication skills and be motivated to learn new technologies. **U.S. Citizenship required. This position involves interaction with systems and data in Oracle's U.S. Government Cloud environments, access to which requires U.S. citizenship under government contracts and applicable regulations, laws and/or executive orders.Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
- Facilitates the establishment and implementation of best practices across technology solutions within his or her area of expertise.
- This includes implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms, operating systems and/or applications across the enterprise.
- Works with our architecture, implementation, operations anchors to analyze vulnerabilities/risks and assess business impact.
- Accountable for the performance and reliable functioning of all runtime environments.
- Functions as a subject matter expert to projects and implementations requiring his or her expertise.
- Manages monitoring frameworks and metric systems to assess system or product performance against best in class measurements.
- Continuously improving the speed, reliability and quality of our product delivery.
- U.S. Citizenship required. This position involves interaction with systems and data in Oracle's U.S. Government Cloud environments, access to which requires U.S. citizenship under government contracts and applicable regulations, laws and/or executive orders.
- Good understanding of one or more monitoring systems (OEM, Nagios)
- Strong Linux administration skills.
- Use and knowledge of configuration management solutions / Infrastructure as Code (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Should be comfortable in troubleshooting and tracing problems across multiple platforms and technologies
- Comfortable in one or more coding/scripting languages (Java, Clojure, Ruby, Go, Python, Bash)
- Should be able to work in a collaborative team environment with a professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers.
- Contribute to product development and life cycle, written proposals and develop technical documentation including conducting workshops, seminars, training sessions and public presentations
- Proactively contribute to innovation efforts that support the alignment of platform and IT technologies to business requirements with focus on user experience, performance, ROI, and TCO
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.