Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Baxter has long been on the forefront of developing innovative solutions for patients with kidney disease. This job offers a unique and exciting opportunity to contribute in the design, development and life cycle management of Baxter's home dialysis systems.
You will be responsible for developing creative solutions to challenging issues associated with the design, development, and sustaining engineering for our new and existing home dialysis product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess solid "hands-on" technical abilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with customers and marketing to develop and refine user requirements.
- Communicate design requirements and provide technical guidance to suppliers as needed.
- Ensure user needs are captured, quality requirements are met and technical risks are mitigated
- Lead the development and documentation of the product systems architecture and systems level design, including the decomposition of the system architecture and requirements into subsystem and interface specifications.
- Develop the Risk Management Plan and execute the Risk Management activities defined by the plan.
- Manage integration of deliverables from sub-system design teams and external partners.
- Resolve competing constraints between interrelated functions (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, etc.) required to deliver the product to market.
- Plan and execute system integration activities to minimize issues in systems validation.
- Develop test plans, test protocols, and test reports for product integration testing.
- Document traceability from requirements to verification activities, and from requirements to design entities.
- Resolve systems-related technical issues by applying problem solving tools such as cause and effect diagrams, Pareto charts, etc.
- Execute design changes including change impact assessments, risk assessments and regression testing assessment, etc..
- Lead investigation and closure of non-conformances following CAPA process.
- Develop and maintain an effective and corroborative working relationship with internal and external development partners.
- Provide leadership to effectively transition the product to manufacturing and ensure robust products and manufacturing processes.
- A BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical engineering, with an advanced technical degree desired. Experience should include at least 5 years of relevant technical experience, including some technical leadership. Prior experience in kidney dialysis a plus.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of engineering disciplines and solid knowledge of related disciplines, Electro/Mechanical, Systems, Fluid Mechanics, Materials Science, etc.
- A demonstrated track record in electromechanical system development, preferably medical devices or other highly regulated products such as military hardware.
- Have a proven track record of management/leadership effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to create results within budget, timeline, and product/project deliverables.
- Understanding and analyzing of acoustic test and measurement data a plus
- Experience with DOORS a plus
#LI-AS1 Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.