Manages the Linux Systems team and execute upon tactical and strategic directions to maintain and advance the Linux Systems platform environment. The person in this role will influence and drive the Linux server management strategy and direction to improve and advance the capabilities with this platform. This person will also keep the Linux server environment operating optimally and will keep the environment well performing and secure.
- Manage Enterprise Linux server operating environment, including core services and patching
- Provide direction, strategy, and architecture for improving performance, availability, and automation of administrative tasks
- Design, secure, plan, deploy, monitor and automate enterprise server infrastructure
- Develop server build templates and processes for both on-premise and Cloud based.
- Troubleshoot Linux Server fault and performance issues, and provide solutions
- Champion efforts to improve process through automation
- Mentor junior level administrators
- Design and operate Linux based solutions on Amazon Web Services Infrastructure.
- Support for other Linux variants, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu
- Experience with Automated Deployments
- Experience with Serverless technologies is a plus
- Experience with Oracle DB server, Oracle RAC Clusters, and IIS a plus
- Ability to clearly communicate findings, recommendations, and solutions
- Understanding of File permissions management
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to harden and secure Windows servers
- Understanding of NFS management, Satellite and Puppet
- Scripting and automation skills
- Experience working with EC2 and AMI instance is a plus
- Strong understanding of supporting technologies; storage, networking, security, virtualization
- Experience managing an enterprise Linux Server environment of 800+ servers
- Deep understanding of the Linux Server operating system internals (RHEL 5, 6 or 7)
- 7 to 10+ years IT experience with at least 6 years (8+ years preferred) providing Linux server administration and management
- Relevant Linux certifications. Specifically RHCE
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent preferred
Job ID 00016158
A little about us:
What makes Gartner a great place to work? Great people. Smart, curious and driven toward success, they thrive on new ideas and collaboration. Top talent is why we are the world’s leading research and advisory company. If you’re looking for a great community, a rewarding career and a chance to make a difference, you’ve come to the right place.