Principal Technical Producer – Minecraft
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: February 16, 2018
Reference ID: 1080669
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. The Minecraft team is looking for a producer to lead and drive the timely delivery of next generation game technology and foundations.
You are a seasoned first party producer who has worked with teams of engineers, designers, and artists to create high quality player-focused games. You love bringing definition to complex technology projects and are an expert at navigating ambiguous spaces. Your technical expertise and attention to detail enables you to identify risks, drive development with predictability, and challenge how we work to continuously improve. Relationships and teamwork are important to how you inspire and lead the teams to deliver their best work.
• Drive definition and alignment of technology initiatives and projects with key stakeholders and teams.
• Champion and evangelize efforts of the team throughout the organization.
• Create schedules and milestones for technology initiatives and projects; Ensure teams understand goals and manage delivery through all phases of development.
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams across the organization to ensure timely delivery.
• Identify risks in advance and drive the team towards successful resolution before the risks turn into fires.
• 10+ years of experience as a program manager, producer or project manager
• Proven track record of successfully managing technical initiatives.
• At least one AAA or next-gen title shipped in a Production role from start to finish.
• Passion for games and understanding of how games positively affect and influence people’s lives. Ability to understand what resonates with players and creators.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field. Professional experience as software engineer desired.
• Ability to work in a multi-studio environment and on cross-discipline teams.
• Proven ability to plan, create and maintain a highly effective production schedule for multiple disciplines in all phases of development, from concept to completion.
• Ability to embrace ambiguity and take action.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be a master at conflict resolution. Be comfortable presenting and demonstrating products for large and small audiences.
• Be a process architect. The processes we use need to be light and minimalistic, but effective.
• Self-motivated, flexible, and results driven.
• Capable of balancing a project’s production requirements within budget and staff limitations while ensuring high production values are never compromised.
• Light travel that includes international travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.