Principal Contract Manager / Software Technology Licensing
Contract activity with moderate to high risk to the business unit. Contract activity may be non-routine and require development of specialized contract vehicles and techniques to accomplish business goals and objectives. Generally involves independent judgment and analysis of significant issue identification and resolution. May require development of new contract policies and processes or assessment of required deviations from established norm.
**PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
Reviews complex third party and embedded software and associated products and services agreements and prepares specialized and/or non-routine contracts, and contract modifications. Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure. Provides contractual guidance to business team members for appropriate Statement of Work. Manages contract change control process. Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues. Works in partnership with Corporate Legal to understand the impact of new laws, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives. Functions as domain expert on selected areas and issues. Provides authoritative guidance to internal business teams on corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity. Focal point for all communication with legal, finance and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes. May assist in new business pursuit and associated contract strategy. Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes. May mentor and train less experienced professionals. May participate in development of less complex business alliances and partnering agreements. Have a general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and distribution issues as it pertains to embedded software in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to draft business terms in moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments. Working to excellent knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies. Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts, Contract Lifecycle Management, and applicable international business contracting complexities. Strong to excellent analytical and communication skills. Good presentation, leadership and team-building skills. Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues. Excellent internal and external negotiation skills. Emerging ability to excel in upper level management environment.
• Proven experience in developing embedded software licensing strategies, as well as developing, negotiating and closing complex contracts
• Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, technical concepts
• Working knowledge and workflow familiarity with Contract Management Systems.
• Experience summarizing business contractual terms for clients, such as license rights, product entitlements, and use restrictions.
• Exhibit independent, progressive and strategic thinking, and develop and provide effective, economic solutions
• Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
• Consultative approach and the ability to influence others
• Strong interpersonal, business writing and verbal communication skills as well as sound presentation and facilitation
• Ability to establish effective partnerships internally and externally, at all organizational levels and across boundaries
• Proven project and resource management skills including the ability to work on multiple large scale projects concurrently, oversee resources as well as deliverables and timelines.
• Contract administration experience
• Responsive and service-oriented attitude
• Excellent analytical skills, well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Experience in and/or knowledge of the software, hardware and/or cloud industries
Education Required: Bachelors (Non -Technical), MBA Desired
Experience Required: 6 - 12 years relevant experience
Physical Requirements: No
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Finance & Accounting, Manufacturing
200 - STORAGE CORPORATE
US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton