Symantec is establishing itself as the pre-eminent partner to the global cyber insurance industry and is uniquely positioned to do so as the world's largest cyber security company. Cyber insurance is a financial product that is paid out by the insurance industry to companies in case of various cyber security and data privacy incidents and is one of the fastest growing lines of insurance to emerge in decades (currently growing at 35-50% YoY). Symantec is the first major cyber security company to partner with leaders in the cyber insurance industry to develop insurance analytic products that will shape the ways insurers understand cyber risk, as well as having implications for government and society. Symantec is also driving go-to-market product innovation at the intersection of cyber security and insurance as it develops insurance as a new channel to benefit our end consumer and business customers. Joining this rapidly growing start-up-like group within Symantec provides you with opportunities to shape the future of some of the most cutting edge issues in cyber security and insurance.
• Architect, design, develop, and maintain innovative, engaging, and informative websites & applications
• Build websites that are both progressively enhanced and are responsive
• Collaborate with product managers, designers, QA and other engineers to enhance the existing UI technology and create a distinctive user experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 7 or more years of professional software development experience
• Must have written single page web apps with MVVM design patterns and tools like AngularJS, Backbone or KnockoutJS
• Experience with UI Test Frameworks like Karma or Mocha is a bonus
• Must be familiar with UI build tools like Grunt/Gulp, Yeoman, Bower
• Must have experience with graphing libraries d3, high charts etc
• We are looking for people with an eye for pixel perfect accuracy for developing applications that are deployed cross platform & cross device
Nice To Haves:
• Experience with NodeJS
• Experience with any server side scripting technology
• Understand how Java web apps work and are deployed
• Basic understanding of Big Data.
If you are passionate about building great products and are looking to join a high-performing, hyper-productive team? Come join the Cyber Insurance group and be part of a team that is being built as a "Startup\
A little about us:
At Symantec, you’ll prosper at one of the world’s largest software companies, while helping protect the world’s digital information and interactions.