Principal UX Designer - Cloud Platform UX
Posted: June 18, 2016
Reference ID: 16000P57
Shape the future of mobile and web application development on the Cloud! Oracle's Cloud Platform User Experience team is looking for an interaction designer who is driven to create inviting, usable, and beautiful mobile and browser-based applications. Join a fast-paced, developing area inside Oracle delivering exciting and innovative cloud-based tools that business users and developers use to create B2E and B2C mobile applications. The Cloud Platform organization is already sold on the value of design and allowing user experience to lead - you will be able to focus on great design rather than explaining what you do and why it is valuable. Interaction designers are given room to explore innovative approaches and iterate on designs within a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment.
• Work as part of an interdisciplinary team of design, product management, development, user assistance and user research to design and deliver first-class web and mobile products
• Document and communicate interaction designs for developers
• Contribute to other aspects of design, such as creating personas, writing scenarios/stories, documenting design decisions, helping design usability tests and materials
• Work independently and lead the design efforts for parts of larger projects
• 5 years industry experience designing innovative browser-based and mobile user interfaces
• Portfolio demonstrating a variety of design deliverables
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex technical concepts, and present them in a simple interaction design
• Ability to see the big pictures while also paying careful attention to detail
• Experience collaborating with visual designers to create engaging designs, while having a strong visual design sense yourself
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, particularly when working with distributed teams
• Experience applying user-centered design processes and methods
• Knowledge of the application development domain (tools, processes, etc.)
• Experience working in an Agile development environment with short release cycles
• Experience working remotely, or with remote team members (the right person may be able to do this job remotely)
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design or related experience
Please visit these links to see a few of our products:
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically eight or more years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.