Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Principal User Experience Designer
Are you looking for a role that touches millions of customers and drives multi-billion dollar businesses? Do you like working in small, empowered teams that have complete ownership of their space? Do you want to drive technology as well as culture change? If so, Dell Technologies is looking for software engineers, product managers, and user experience designers to deliver a commerce platform that enables Dell to meet our customers wherever they are and provide the best experiences on Earth to discover and purchase Dell technology. This transformation program has three primary goals: Establish
a modern, global, cloud-based, omni-channel commerce platform. Enable
new capabilities, and seamless user experiences across product, marketing, commerce, and services. New capabilities and experiences include, but are not limited to: personalized mobile & web purchasing, AR-driven sales and support, voice-enabled purchase assistance, and support for Internet of Things (IoT). Empower
all Dell Technologies businesses to utilize and build on the core commerce platform to create experiences to meet their customer and business needs.
We are seeking a dynamic Principal UX Designer to join the team driving this transformation, using customer input as its driving force, and working to simplify and enhance our customers' experiences on a daily basis.
As a Principal UX Designer you have a proven track record for thinking outside the box. You are capable of taking great ideas and breathing life into them - making them real. You have a deep understanding of Human-Centered Design and how to deliver solutions that bring measurable results. You see things differently from other people - visualizing design and development much like an art form. You know what it takes to deliver world class creative solutions for your customers.
The Principal UX Designer will help lead a wide range of world-class experiences that meet both user and business objectives, while staying true to the Dell brand. You will work closely with other designers, developers, researchers, architects, and business stakeholders to achieve the design objectives for each concept. Not to mention you get to work with a passionate team who knows how to have fun and balance both their work and personal life. Sound interesting? Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the conceptualization and execution of global creative solutions for a variety of digital experiences.
- Work on interactive design projects that meet both user and business objectives, while maintaining and supporting brand standards
- Partner and collaborate with researchers, architects, designers, developers, product owners, and business stakeholders on all initiatives
- Evolve and evangelize our Design Language and System
- Practice and facilitate Human-Centered Design (Design Thinking) methodologies
- Guide and mentor more junior designers
- 8+ years of design experience with focus in digital
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Capable of delivering standard UX Design artifacts:
- Site maps
- Process flows
- Use Cases
- Concept models
- Design comps
- Interactive prototypes
- An eye for design in general, and understand key principles of UX design
- Full understanding of the User Centered Design process
- Comfortable with complexity and ambiguity, with a passion for the challenges around organizing it
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to work within pre-defined processes
- Strong proficiency with MS Visio, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other wireframing and prototyping tools
- Resourcefulness, dependability, proactiveness
- Good understanding of typography, grids, visual layout, and design systems
- Understanding of HTML/CSS code, methodologies, and the technology and platforms that support UX design
- An online portfolio demonstrating a strong design foundation with relevant examples of design concepts, deliverables, and process
- Experience working in Agile and Lean UX
- Experience creating Design Systems, frameworks, or other Design-at-scale initiatives
- Experience designing for eCommerce platforms and applications
- Experience designing AR-driven, voice-enabled, or IoT experiences
- Opportunity to work with a strong brand at one of the world's largest IT solutions providers
- Dynamic, challenging, international work environment
- A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to win
- Exciting internal career opportunities
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Competitive compensation including bonus plans & a great benefit package
- An individual professional development plan
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R18001
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.