We are looking for a rock star user interface and user experience designer who is passionate about doing great work, and who believes that they have what it takes to change the world.
We are the Norton Global Product Design team at Symantec's Culver City facility and we design software and services that are used by 100s of millions of people around the world. Our products and services protect people's identities, finances and data at home and in small businesses.
We are the guardians of both privacy and the free flow of information.
The Norton Global Product Design team's philosophy is that the UX/UI must reveal the product or service's essential role in the most efficient manner.
Our goal is for every product to be both aesthetic and provide intuitive functionality, resulting in user delight.
Are you a passionate designer who lives and breathes delivering the ideal user experience?
Can you think on your feet in an ever changing digital landscape?
Are you a change agent?
Are you a leader who can keep other designers impassioned and doing their best work?
Are you a good mentor?
Can you stay cool under pressure?
Can you make the right decisions in an emergency, when your manager is out of reach, possibly half way around the world?
Can you run a tight ship on your own, without close supervision?
Do you want to create beautiful, intuitive products, apps and web sites?
We are the most powerful digital security company in the world and we are innovating!
• Lead the UX/UI design production for one of our key segments, working in tight alignment with our Creative Director/Sr. Manager of UX Design, while reporting directly to the Sr. Director, Global Product Design.
• Work tightly with Dev leads and Product Managers to ensure requirements and UI asset production timetables are met, while ensuring best-in-class product UX and design.
•Inspire team to do great work, injecting excitement into the various teams through your passion and exquisite designs.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Sketch, Zeppelin, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, etc. You know your tools without even having to think about them.
• Minimum 6-8 years doing UX & UI design work, with experience in software, responsive web and mobile apps.
• Strong experience working from flows and wireframes through to final product.
• Experience working in Agile development environment a plus (We're Kanban, but our Dev teams are Agile)
• Rapid Prototyping experience a plus
• Not afraid to do fast usability testing and can interpret the data intelligently and act rapidly on the information.
• Experience establishing best usability practices and championing them.
• Experience developing style guides and technically precise design specifications.
• Strong communication skills - not afraid to go toe-to-toe with Dev leaders and Product Managers (politely of course), as well as present to Senior Management.
•A passport - or can get one - and willing to travel mostly west coast but possibly India on occasion.
• An uncompromising desire for perfection is a requirement.
• An unbridled passion for clean and elegant design an absolute must.
• Exceptional familiarity with industry design language and standards and design protocols.
• Fully capable of thinking through & understanding variable use cases.
•An imagination and creative talent that leads to not just exceptional designs and user experiences, but potentially leverages Symantec's vast knowledge and technology infrastructure to create new and mind blowing apps.
• You are able to develop a strong empathy for the end user -- You know the pain points before they do.
• You love nothing more than to create designs and experiences that delight customers.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
At Symantec, you’ll prosper at one of the world’s largest software companies, while helping protect the world’s digital information and interactions.