Principle Cloud Security %26 Threat Researcher
Posted: November 16, 2016
Reference ID: 160019CZ
Oracle Palerra is a leading CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker) vendor, enables organizations to protect critical cloud infrastructure, users, and data across their cloud services. Our team builds innovative security and threat protection technologies by analyzing billions of activity events in Cloud applications. We use machine-learning techniques along with security context to detect anomalies. We are seeking a talented senior security researcher to identify, track, and protect threats in Cloud services. If you enjoy researching cloud security, researching exploit techniques and mitigations, and helping customers with best practices, we think you'll find our team a perfect fit.
As a principal researcher, your experience, thinking, and action will be the key to our success. In this role, you will provide expertise guidance to our customers, sales, and marketing teams with best practices and threat assessment reports. You will work closely with architects and data science engineers to tune algorithms and techniques that are used to detect anomalies. You will keep abreast with the latest security break-ins and collaborate with product management team to enhance the platform to make it aware of known vulnerabilities. You will continuously research and build new threat models to keep ahead of the cyber attackers.
This is a strategic role for the product and a perfect opportunity to for someone to innovate in cloud security area. You will have an opportunity to work in hot technologies: Cloud Services, SaaS applications, IaaS services, multi-tenant security platform, Machine Learning and Data Science, Big Data, Security intelligence, analytics, and data-driven visualization technologies.
• Deep understanding of various security vulnerabilities and threats
• Research experience in security products (malware/vulnerability detection, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, cloud security, etc.)
• 7 years of experience in security research
• Assessment of customers cloud security posture; Reporting and presenting the findings
• Thorough understanding of the following security technologies: access controls, OAuth, SAML, application security, data security, SSL, firewall, network security
• Cloud Infrastructure and Applications - AWS, SalesForce, Office365, GoogleApps, etc.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume, test-driven, collaborative and iterative environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Educational Qualifications: BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.